• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slip yolk replacment.

noob

Hello folks,
Recently had a u joint drop out on me while i was on the trail. after i popped in a new joint it looks like my slip yoke was damaged in the process and now leaks fluid out of the T-case. At first i thought it was just a weep-hole that you will see on some of these older models but upon closer inspection it is definitely damaged.

So my question is, how do i find the right replacement yoke? I found some for cheap here.

Transmission and Transfer Case Slip Yokes

But i want to make sure i will get the right thing. usually i would junk yard this part but the closest pick-a-part to me is a five hour drive, and i do not really need other parts right now.
Thanks for any light yall can shed on this.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always helps to tell us what truck you are working on.

Looking at your old thread it shows you have a M1009.

Looking at the parts manual TM 9-2320-289-34P, you will find the correct yoke is part number.

You do know how to read the "UOC" don't you? It is explained in the first few pages of the manual.

The M1009 has a code of 209.

Finding the rear drive shaft yoke for the UOC of 209 shows:

GM 7838665

Googling "7838665 Yoke" gives this website

Slip Yokes Transmission replacements | New Slip Yokes Stop the Leak - Drivetrain.com

Looks like it is $101.81

Last edited:

noob

Sorry bout that, 86 m1009

I am still getting used to the military manuals. The tech manuals i get fine but the parts lists sometimes eludes me.

Thank you very much for the info.