• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slippery steering wheel

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The steering wheel on my deuce is very nice, perfect in fact, since it's new. Made from green plastic or something similar. Problem I envision is that in the summertime, with sweat being what it is, the steering wheel may get a bit slippery. Does anyone make a steering wheel cover that is slip-on, like the auto steering wheel covers at WalMart? The ones there are too small, and I haven't found a truck-sized steering wheel cover at any of the auto parts stores around here.

BTW - I'd rather not get the "wrap it yourself, lace it yourself" leatherette kits that look good on the box, and look crappy when you do it yourself.

Srjeeper

Mike,

The bigger truck stops sell them as well as most truck dealers like Peterbilt and Kenworth.

FYI-They ain't cheap. :roll:

nattieleather

Don't worry about it unless you really think you need it. What happened with mine I replaced it with a new one that I got at a show is that the first really warm day and I was sweating a bit I didn't have any slippage in fact the wheel got a bit sticky!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks