• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

small oil leak

PAm1009

i noticed on my 1009 that there is some times a drop of oil under the truck. I looked under the truck and found that it is collecting right under the front of the oil pan and sitting on the ledge of the front crossmember. has anybody else had this problem and if so what might the problem be? im thinking it might be a oil pan gasket but dont know for sure. thanks

rnd-motorsports

I would bet that the oil leak is the harmonic balancer seal these set alot and the seal dries out then we start using them again and the seals start to fail could be the oil pan but better chance the harmonic bal. seal. not very exspensive but require the balancer to be pulled off to replace not real big deal if you have tools and time.

6x6guy

Do you have a rack you can drive on to, or over a open pit to examine the source of the
leak with the vehicle running- fluid leaking from one area flow to the lowest point, traveling
along the componets on the way down.

BIG_RED

Check out where the fuel pump (low pressure lift pump) mounts to the block. Mine leaked there. Yes, it seems odd, but the fuel pump mounts to a hole that has oil in it.

Rthomas

Some people have told me to run an additive to fix oil leaks. All that the additives are is a thicker viscosity oil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks