• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Small Question on a Glow Plug Relay

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi my GPR is bad and i'm thinking of getting a napa one i think the part number is ST-85? Now my quesion to you is where the heck is a wireing diagram for this relay? i've serched the FAQ and the forums for 2 hours i've must of missed something can you guys post a link to it? please i want to replace this today. :lost:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wiring diagams are in the TM 9-2320-289-20 or TM 9-2320-289-34 Tech Manual. The GlowPlug diagram is in the appendix, F-7 or E-7

One word of advice is that the diagram for the Glowpulg system is incorrect. It is showing the small orange wire connected to the battery side of the relay. It needs to be connected to the Glowplug side of the relay along with the two large orange wires.

If you have not done it yet, you need to visit the CUCV FAQ Article (CUCV Wiki) at the top of the CUCV Forum and download all the Tech Manuals that are listed there.

Last edited:

SGT Estum

I believe O'Reilly sells one for around $16.99. Its part number is GPR1. I've never used it myself, but I ordered one once. Turned out that my relay actually was not bad... instead I had a blown fuse (the ignition fuse).

You can bench test your relay by taking it off and checking the ohms when it's off. Then, connect a battery charger to the control terminals on the lowest setting (1A) to engage the relay. Check resistance at terminals. I used this procedure to determine that it wasn't actually the relay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks