• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smart box

RMK0U812

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a 93 1097R1 and have no power to the ignition system. suspected bad smart box. Swapped a confirmed working smart box from my 1114 to it to see if that’s the problem. No joy. Question: Is the smart box from a turbo model compatible with the non-turbo? I ask because the alignment tab on the engine compartment side was 180 degrees of the existing smart box. I had to twist the barrel plug 180 in the engine bay to connect it up from the smart box from the 1114. Getting no power to the glow plugs, wait light, emergency brake light, or the fan blower motor. Possibly a bad glow plug control TSU maybe? Also observed that this older hmmwv has what appears to be fusible links in the wiring harness???? Could be mistaken. Going off what I know about GM wiring. Just got this rig and browsing the TM’s but asking for help. Thanks for any advise fellas.

RMK0U812

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to mention that the smart box from the 1114 allows me to turn the engine over. The existing original Smart box was nothing to the entire truck with 25.4 volts from new batteries.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Read my signature line for discussion on PCB/EESS “glow plug box” rebuild. Feel free to ask questions. I’ve helped many fix their rigs.

RMK0U812

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies. The one thing I didn’t check until yesterday was the ignition switch. Because it was turning the engine over. Checking the back of the ignition switch one of the three wires was not pushed all the way in not making contact. It appeared to be visually. I pushed it in and truck came to life. Like I said I just picked it up from the auction. So lots more to find I’m sure. The last couple I bought where basket cases and this one is my fist one that is nice and complete. Let my guard down so my dumb fault for posting a problem when I should have just gone through my normal checklist. I own that. Was frustrating. Thanks for all the advice.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I rewired 8 control boxes using Tobash diagrams--Took a little time and now all boxes work--Great work Tobash
Not meant to derail BUT that is the highest compliment I could possibly receive. This is why I post about these schematics every time someone mentions purchasing a PCB or an EESS or an aftermarket pushbutton unit.

:derailed:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks