• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smart Start Box Wait Light Always Comes on Even When Engine is Warm

Kevin Donahue

Hi All,

I just got done replacing the old box in my Humvee which is the model very prone to failure (forgot which one specifically) as well as the temp sensor/glowplug controller or whatever its called.
Unlike before the Humvee now fires right up without fail every time.

My only worry is the wait light will come on regardless of the engine temp and it stays on for what seems like a standard amount of time. Maybe 15 seconds or so.
My old box would just quickly flash if the engine was already warm and stay on long if the engine was cold, should the new Smart Start box do this too or does the wait light come on no matter what?

All my gauges are out right now otherwise I would just look to see if it always pulls power or not.

Thanks!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping someone else would weigh in.

It is possible that is normal for the box.

Different manufacturers’ boxes do different things.

Last edited:

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping someone else would weigh in.

It is possible that is normal for the box.

Different manufacturers’ boxes do different things.
I have the same box. Does the same thing. I believe I read in the TM this is what you should see every time you initiate start regardless of engine temp status. There appears to be fewer flashes on mine when warm. I'm not concerned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks