• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smokes a tiny bit from the oil cap...normal?

AJMBLAZER

My 6.2L smokes a little from that goofy looking oil cap/breather thingy. The cap and the pipe it sits on have always been a bit greasy/oily but nothing horrible. Noticed it smoked a little the other day. Just a faint whisp or two, nothing black or billowing...might have even been steam.

Is this normal?

Somemedic

When you take the cap off and shake it, it should rattle. It vents and when the cap doesnt allow for venting something bad happens. Cant remember what. Replace it or clean it up if its not rattling. I honestly wouldnt think anything of it having a little whisp though.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, my 6.2L always let a little combustion gasses out the oil filler. On a deuce it would blow out the tube on the ground ;)

acetomatoco

Remember, too that the tube into the intake manifold is responsible for slobber being reburned and deposited all over the inside of the manifold as age and blowby add up...expecially on those old 6.2s

BKinzey

The Tuna Can huh? What's wrong with smoked tuna :lol:

You can pop it off and clean it out with de-greaser. Pull the hose and clean it out as well. As mentioned it can get pretty crudy. Pull the air cleaner off and stick your pinky in the hole. If it's plugged up use something, wire, nail, screwdriver, wife's toothbrush, to clean it up 8)

Rare to be totally plugged but what the heck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks