• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snatch Blocks

devilman96

Ok... Im gonna ask but I know 10 of you are going to whip out pictures of some 22" giants or something that could double as a boat anchor... and half of you have your minds in the gutter at the moment but what I would like to know is what size blocks would be appropriate for a deuce?

Boatcarpenter

I inquired once here if a 12 ton had enough leeway for a Deuce and the concensus was that it did. That's all the help I can be. I'm sure 4x4 will have plenty to say about this subject!!!!

jasonjc

OK this is what the -10 operator's manual says:
3940-00-111-6693 block snatch 1/2" dia wire rope 6" sheave 5 ton safe working load.
I will get a pic of mine if you what.

devilman96

Yeah if you could put up a pic it would be great... Im looking on eBay and a lot of the time you get poor descriptions so at least I will visually know what I am hunting...

rmgill

$35 from Colemans Surplus in PA.
6" Sheave, 5 Ton Cap. Perfect for a deuce. They have some with a clevis in lieu of a hook.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps I'm a day late here but the ones from Colemans seem to be a good deal. I prefer an 8" block over the 6" not so much for capacity but for sanity of the cable. Bending 1/2" cable around the smaller dia sheaves is a little tough on the cable. Ironically, I'm virtually snatch block free here. I need a half dozen or so but I'll wait for nearly free ones.

spicergear

I have two the Coleman's style too. One from them one from old Roman's. They work GREAT! VERY EASY loading and unloading of cable and no strength concerns. I've used them many, many times pulling logs with 'Blue.'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks