• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow Chains for 395's

Bacon4x

Will snow chains fit on the deuce with 395's or are the rear tires too close? I am wondering if anyone has actually tried it?

Bacon4x

Right, Im sure there are chains to fit on the tire. My question is if the spacing between the two rear tires is enough to keep the chains from snagging since the 395's come pretty close in the rear?

mactiredearg

I think he's asking if there is enough clearance between the tires on the rear two axles to put chains on without them running into each other. In other words can you put chains on 395s on the 2nd and 3rd axles without them binding in between the tires.

2cents Last time I looked at/measured one with 395s there was NO way that chains could be put on the rear tires without the chains binding/snagging. That's the primary reason I'm going with a different tires setup.

Josh

I think I've seen a picture on here with chains on 1 rear axle. Rear rear I believe with another set on the front axle.

They may have been 14.5s, not 100% sure.

bratpackdad

After looking into this today. Snow chains will NOT fit between the two rear axles. The tires are too close. Perhaps some kind of freaky cables might.

jollyroger

Negative as to chaining up both rears. IF you do want to chain up one rear axle the chain had better not have any slack in it and I would check clearances before you needed to chain up for bad weather.

It is better to install on a nice day and test drive in the dirt to know if it's a go or no go for you.

I have the 395's and I would not use tire chains on the rear.