• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I was at the Texarkana GP yard........

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a newly acquired M101A2.
Yard was packed. Tons of SEEs (40+) and lots of trailers too

What was surprising is the number of trailers that were sold 3 months ago and are STILL there.
I recognized almost all the M101 trailers from the last time I was there in September.
GP guy said that happens a lot and the person(s) are paying storage fees.
I don't know what they charge but I bet it adds up.

GP guy also said that one person bought 15 SEEs and locked in a deal for 10 a month after that. Interesting.....

One semi was there picking up 3 SEEs.
The GP forklift was too small to lift a non working SEE so they brought in a huge wrecker and lifted it 10-15 feet in the air while the semi backed trailer under it.
Worked but wasn't cheap I bet
Interesting to watch.

Still a good number of trashed HMMWVs
Also a good number of trailers. M105A3s and M101A?s.
But mostly filled with the excavators.

GP guys were great

A day in the life at the yard......

86m1028

If you think that's something you should see all the fields of equipment back in behind RRAD.
I saw some tanks that judging by the trees that were growing up around them, had to have been there 25-30 years.
Few years back they had hmmwv's parked everywhere you could fit them & were cutting them up as quick as they could.
Totally amazing the quantity of equipment our government tears up & destroys.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been there 4 times and always manage to get "lost" . It is simply amazing the stuff there. I recall all the hmmwv's. The last time I was there they could find enough room to park all the fmtv, lmtv armored and not all models and the triple axle flat bed trailers stacked 2 and 3 high down all those side roads.

Just simply amazing they can even keep track of what they have and where it is.....

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I have been back in that jungle and it's simply mind boggling.
Flying over even more so because you can see more.
Absolute shame to tear up all that good equipment or leave it to rot.

Was just relaying about the GP yard.
The actual point of the thread was the fact that lots of trailers haven't been picked up yet.

If you want to see military equipment that you've never seen before, or thousands of what you have, go to RRAD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks