• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So what do you think.

6x6guy

I had some spare time on my hands last week end, and was tired of putting the tow bar in the truck everytime- and figured it was time get creative with a fuctional and secured tow bar holder that would still work with my winch, and this is what I came up with.

Attachments

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your work looks real good..... but for the life of me I can't see how the mount works! Please post some pics of your mounting system sans tow hook, please!

Thanks!

Rick

rorybellows

two mounts where the front shackles are, uses the shackle pin and retainer to secure it. we just used to leave it pre mounted like that over in the sand box. when a truck broke down, and one always did, the truck would jump up to down truck, unpin and throw it on the other truck. alot easier and faster than pulling it out of the bed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuces are nose heavy and if running 900X20 tires, are close to the tire capacity. That is the only concern that I would have. The mounting system looks great. I t it keep mine like Will does his. Will, does your towbar have the MWO on it? I can't get mine in like that, have to pull the male piece out of the lunette leg to get it up there.

6x6guy

As a general rule I try not to drive my MVs after sunset, for safety reasons besides that when driving these 40 plus year trucks- any advantage driving during day has to help. I try to enjoy the ride and kick back and enjoy life, and the answer to your question is yes there is a lower light blockage due to the tow bars, my next project is to mount them a little different, rotate the bracket
90 degrees to keep the blockage down to a minimum. I guess you have to start some where- put it together, stand back and admire it and then figure out how to improve on it be for the paint drys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks