• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So what's this truck worth?

ivbeenrokd

1954 GMC 211 with 302 inline 6 gas motor. Solid body but needs paint, ran when parked 7-8 years ago but hasn't been started since. Needs some TLC but a great truck for restoration IMO.

So what do you all think a truck like this is worth?

Thanks,

John

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
needs some TLC to say the least... under 1K for sure but he might be stuff with a inflated price.. dont forget what you can get for scrape iron . so keep that in mind ... scrape thinkin it would bring 600 or so? 100/ton is the going rate at home

ivbeenrokd

I'd hate to scrap it because it is a good restorable truck. I'd love to see something done with it. The bed is actually in better shape then the bed on my 66. It was probably a good truck when it was parked, it's just sat for a while.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck to start with. That homemade hard top may have protected the cab from rot. I would offer $600. Point out the tires are all slick.

XM 2742

Great project.............I just got one for well under a grand in kinda sorta just about maybe that shape.................you get the idea. Just take your time and you come out way ahead.

ivbeenrokd

My impression is the OP is not looking to buy, but rather looking to sell ;)
Buy, and possibly sell. I really would like to get my hands on a trailer and I wouldn't mind having this old truck if I can get it cheap enough. However, I don't want to put much money in it if I'm not going to do anything with it anytime soon. I also don't want to scrap it because I think it's in good enough shape that it shouldn't be scrapped.

XM 2742

Darn...................the ole reading comprehension thing again. Wants to sell it. Wish I was close enough to buy it.

vtdeucedriver

Buy, and possibly sell. I really would like to get my hands on a trailer and I wouldn't mind having this old truck if I can get it cheap enough. However, I don't want to put much money in it if I'm not going to do anything with it anytime soon. I also don't want to scrap it because I think it's in good enough shape that it shouldn't be scrapped.

Sounds like a true collector......................nice to see on the SS site. Go throw him a offer, worst thing he can say is no. Parts are still cheap and they will be collectable trucks one day. I would like to have one but just picking my time to find the right one. I am picky I want a M135.

hippiedude

Don`t look to bad , if you could get it for $1000 or less you would be doing ok ......If you can get it to run and move your biggest expense would be tires ........ Tim

hole

Sounds like a true collector......................nice to see on the SS site. Go throw him a offer, worst thing he can say is no. Parts are still cheap and they will be collectable trucks one day. I would like to have one but just picking my time to find the right one. I am picky I want a M135.
Theres a pretty nice M135 by me, owner wants 25k for it ( at least thats the asking price on the sign ) :roll: Its clean, but 25k ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks