• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top Help

gvschafer

Recently picked up a 925A2 with a nice hard top installed. One of the mods I would like to make to the truck is to add a easily removable soft top to the truck for use in the summer months, so it could be fairly easily taken off and carried/installed if one would be caught in bad weather. I would put the hard top back on on for colder months.

My question is for 939 series owners with military issue soft tops. Do these tops come off fairly easily or are they as much of a pain to remove/install as the hard top?

If they are a pain to remove, has anyone ever build or modified a soft top for quick removal? It wouldn't have to be something that sealed 100%, just something to keep the cab dry if caught in a storm, or if it had to be parked outside. Thanks in advance for the help and ideas!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are easy to remove and reinstall. The soft top frame assemblies are hard to come by. The hardware that mounts around the doors is easy to find...they are the same as those used on the M44, M39, and M809 series trucks. The tubes that go across the cab are specific to the M939 series trucks and I have had a tough time finding them. They are out there...I have found some...but you are just as likely to have to fabricate them. Good luck.

gvschafer

Does anyone have or have leads on the frame assemblies for these. Or has anyone had to fab these parts that could give me some pointers? I have found the tan tops for around $200, but it seems the frames are a hard item to come by. Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a tan softtop that is new. Cheaper than $200. Ordered it for a Deuce and it is a 900 series top.

No hardware available.

**** SOLD IN 2011 ****

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks