• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top noise isse

ken mcculloch

In a never ending attempt to silence out some of the inherent noises that an M37 has, I have found that one of the very irritating sounds is the rope tie-down "grommets" slapping against the body. I am thinking I may take my top to an upholstery shop & see if a flap can be sewn inside the cover to lay between the body & the rope grommets to add as a cushion.

Has anyone else done something similar or different to help abate this noise?

thanks, Ken

smoke

I don't know if this would work or not. You maybe able to use tonneau cover snap button at the same level and between the rope grommets to hold top tight. But that would cause you to put a screw it the cab at each button. Or you could try some velcoor in between the grommets. That only means you have to glue velcoor on instead of screw something into the cab. my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks