• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solar Panel for M109 Shop Van

Lextreme

I am not sure if this thread belongs to this section but anyone ever try putting solar panels on a M109? I am thinking about 5 panels of 100W each. I wonder what would 500W is useful power for a small frig or a portable AC.

gungearz

Depending on your battery bank. 500w should be adequate to keep them charged for a very small fridge. I believe your typical small fridge runs on 900/1400 watts.

phil2968

Refrigerators pull less 500 watts now days. Stop by Home Depot and read some of the spec labels on them, you will be surprised how little watts they pull. Many M109s on here have solar panels.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You will have to mount them on a rack that can be lowered to get them out of the slipstream while rolling down the road.

The other alternative would be to mount them on a pole that could be set up and turned to keep them at the right solar angle throughout the day.

You can make a battey bank out of 4-6 golf cart deep cycle batteries.

You will need a charge controller to prevent overcharging the batteries.

Do a search for "Home Power" magazine......they are the experts on solar power systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks