• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer

hoss0311

So i just put in a Solargizer a week ago and it looks good and works good, but i am having so much truble with the starter and finding one that is good. i got one off ebay and it sucks so i am going to change over to 12v but i have a 24v Solargizer does anyone know if that will still work on my truck if i change to 12v and how do i make it work. thanks

Westech

CPL
you know the Humvee starter will fit and work on the CUCV right? you can get brand new ones off eBay for $100 bucks of so.

If you change it to 12V you CAN NOT use a 24V charger.

wikallen

Depends on the solargizer, but both of mine are good for 12 and 24 volts. The common military one is the square 5watt panel which on the sunniest day has a max output of 16.5 volts. Get in touch with pulsetech with the model number and they will tell you for sure. They have excellent customer support.

I also think you should just take your starter and have it rebuilt.

hoss0311

Thanks guys... yeah i got this starter that took a crap on me off ebay this is the second one, i sent one back all ready it had bad brushes i think and now this one is doing the same thing so im just going to 12v its just going to be so easy to find a good starter.

JUNKYARDJOHN

Thanks guys... yeah i got this starter that took a crap on me off ebay this is the second one, i sent one back all ready it had bad brushes i think and now this one is doing the same thing so im just going to 12v its just going to be so easy to find a good starter.
I don't know hoss.... if a 24 volt won't hold up.. what makes you think a 12 volt will?? I'd look around in your area for a good rebuilder. Probably just got a couple of chineeze made lemons, but hey.... I'm new to this 24 volt stuff myself, but value the experiance of all the knowledgable guys on this site....ALOT. John

hotdogs151a2

I have limited wrenching skills, but I would tear down the bad starter and rebuild it. You can't make it any worse and you might learn something that you could use out in the middle of nowhere to keep you from walking.
Thanks, Hotdog

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have limited wrenching skills, but I would tear down the bad starter and rebuild it. You can't make it any worse and you might learn something that you could use out in the middle of nowhere to keep you from walking.
Thanks, Hotdog
I think the latest issue of MVM had a article on how to rebuild a starter.

tcody

There is an excellent rebuilder in LeClaire Iowa. If you decide to rebuild it I can try and find his name and number. Just PM me.