• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sold my M1028A3

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you can thank me for what you got it for (and of course why you didn't get it cheaper). I had to settle for a non-dually as yours got too rich not knowing anything about it. Hopefully the tow bar is still there when you pick it up. I tried for the one without the bed too but again, dropped out when it got to the end.

roveroverme

Banned
@ FMJ. Sir, I noticed the transfer case stick coming straight up, on the NP208 it is at an angle. So I am pretty certain this is a NP205.

@mkcoen, It's hard to convey that message, but I was going to buy that truck. Either that, or you would have bought it for the price of three trucks plus retail.
(everything pictured better be there, or I'll get unglued :) Especially that lazy boy on the truck bed)

P.S. I've attached a photo of the NP208 of my old M1028A3 for you to compare with the video.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@mkcoen, It's hard to convey that message, but I was going to buy that truck. Either that, or you would have bought it for the price of three trucks plus retail.
(everything pictured better be there, or I'll get unglued :) Especially that lazy boy on the truck bed)
I went $500 over my self-imposed limit because the wife was sitting there telling me to keep going. My concern were the unknowns of drive-train condition and the known factors of the visible body part damages. The 1028 I bought looks just about perfect body wise other than the brush guard. We'll see how the drive train turns out. The thing is I saved half by buying it instead of the dually.

M1028.jpg

roveroverme

Banned
I remember that one. Thing is that I have no interest in a 1028 unless its a dually. Are you sure it's a 1028 anyway? Not a 1008?

BTW kudo's to your wife :). Mine was telling me to not spend that much.

Good luck with that truck, she looks pretty good, minus the little mishap with the brush guard (but that can be fixed anyway)

Last edited:

Keith_J

The VIN also has the HD meaning heavier springs, only 1028 and 1031s have this ID. Couldn't get the video to play to see if it has the 205 shift lever.

K9Vic

I was watching those lots, wonder if the towbar will actually be on the dually. It does have the NP205 as you can see that lever on the floor in the video as noted.

There was also a second one without a bed and looks like it may of had a service box. Reason, there is the PTO belt drive in the rear, PTO lever and the actuator on the engine. Too bad they took the service box off, that would have been a nice rig.

I also found it interesting how the M1031 was next to a M1031, so likely they again incorrectly listed another CUCV. It is however likely a M1028 looking at the VIN and 9400lb GVW.

roveroverme

Banned
Picking up the new truck might be a bit of a challenge.
I can't go myself as I can't get off work. And the truck doesn't have a Key. So I got to get the key I bought to there, or to the driver who picks her up and hope the key will fit.
I'd like to be able for them to move the wheels and put the transmission in Neutral.
does anyone have experiences with Ft Hood as far as removal is concerned?

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Trailer, or tow? If trailer, take the drive shaft loose at the rear axle and bungee it up under the truck. You can also take the axles out, only issue is gear oil leaking out. It looks like the wheels are fairly straight so getting it on a trailer should not be a problem.2cents

Last edited:

roveroverme

Banned
Trailer, or tow? If trailer, take the drive shaft loose and bungee it up under the truck. You can also take the axles out, only issue is gear oil leaking out. It looks like the wheels are fairly straight so getting it on a trailer should not be a problem.2cents
Hello FMJ I will not be able to be there, so it gotta be minimal effort, so the trailer truck driver won't screw this up.
I'll call them on Monday and see what the options are.
Maybe I can send the key I bought over there. But then again, one would think that they have a few CUCV keys at the location.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, a 7/16" box end wrench at the rear differential, and 4 bolts later with a big screw driver, pop the drive shaft out of the differential yoke and the truck will roll straight on the trailer.

No key needed.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, a 7/16" box end wrench at the rear differential, and 4 bolts later with a big screw driver, pop the drive shaft out of the differential yoke and the truck will roll straight on the trailer.

No key needed.
Unless they need to turn the steering wheel.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I get my EUC fairly quick I can leave one (key) in the glove box for you when I pick mine up.

Last edited:

trooper632

They are great to deal with loading up trucks, I'm sure the drive shaft is toast they always are from there, what was the price range on all those trucks I was away from the computer, didn't want to bid anyway as I have three I'm selling anyway.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are great to deal with loading up trucks, I'm sure the drive shaft is toast they always are from there, what was the price range on all those trucks I was away from the computer, didn't want to bid anyway as I have three I'm selling anyway.
The A2 was mid-3000s, the A2 without a bed was mid-2000s, and the rest went for under 2k.