• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solid State Blinker box Mounting

Barrman

I know, the solid state blinker box is supposed to go on the drivers side inner fender on the M35.

I do not know what year the blinkers were switched to the solid state system. I also don't know what year the alternator replaced the generator/external regulator. Based on what I know from my M715, I would guess mid to late '60's.

My Gasser never had blinkers, but it had a generator with the firewall mounted regulator. I have swapped in an alternator which leaves those 4 regulator mount bolts holes on the firewall empty. I was looking for a place to put the solid state blinker box since I don't have any fenders on the truck yet. I just happened to hold the box up to the regulator mounts and they are perfectly spaced.

Though some of you that have the box flopping around on the inner fender on trucks with the regulator mount holes on the firewall might want to think about moving it away from the muck.

Now that I have it installed, I need to get another since the only thing that works is the indicator light on the blinker switch lights up steady. But, that is another thread.

Attachments

Barrman

That is a M35A1 front harness, a M818 rear harness, the military generator to alternator adaptor harness (I have the package at home with the proper numbers on it if you want to know it) and the pigtails for the blinker box and blinker arm added in.

The M35A1 front harness had the old blinker system. Therefore, my harness had 6 leads that just ended near the steering column with the appropriate wire tags on them. I cut the ends off, soldered in the blinker switch wires where the should be and slid shrink wrap over the joint. I took the above picture before I put heat to the shrink wrap and before I organized the entire thing into a single bundle going through the firewall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks