• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some old photos for seco

Ferretboy

Found some old photos from my trip to Augusta Ga. about 1990 or 91...cant remember...anyway heard that Seco had some canadian ferret scout cars left and went down there looking for another one....my first one i still have came directly out of canada...but she needed a friend....i did purchase the one atop the shipping container...canadian ferret 54-82617...traded it off long ago...always wonder where it is now...hope you enjoy the photos.007 (600x423).jpg4 (600x426).jpg1 (600x415).jpg

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They used to have hundreds of MV's in the back lot. All the way back to WW2. APC's, Sexton's. They were scrapping big time when we left GA around 2011. Last time I was there they were dragging deuce and a half's out by the dozens. Even half track parts rigs were going to the scrappers.

Looks like the Sexton's were recently sold ($9800ea)

Last edited:

Ferretboy

When i went there i didnt look around much...just ferrets ,sextons ,m-75s,and a bunch of things i dont know what they were....sad to hear they scrapped the stuff...i was offered a deal on the last ferrets...but adding the shipping just was too much. My loss looking back....i guess i will kick myself from now on...i have more photos from there....post them later if anyone wants to see them.

Ferretboy

Thanks guys or gals for the replies....this is pretty cool...im just learning how to post photos ...i have many from here and there...i will keep posting them...if you enjoy them....i love green machines...always have...love to see your photos also...later

SecoParts

Supporting Vendor
Wow great pictures. What we would pay to "unscrap" some of the stuff we did... There should be an unspoken rule where if you think you should scrap something then wait ten years, and then do it.

Times change and rules change. Never would have thought these crazy demil laws would take place. Hindsight is 2020

Ferretboy

Hey thanks Secoparts....had a very nice time there long ago....very nice to deal with....just wish i could have saved more of those ferrets....well you know what they say....you cant have everything...where would you put it....ha ha....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow great pictures. What we would pay to "unscrap" some of the stuff we did... There should be an unspoken rule where if you think you should scrap something then wait ten years, and then do it.

Times change and rules change. Never would have thought these crazy demil laws would take place. Hindsight is 2020
Did all the deuces that were way in the back get scrapped? Specifically the M108 wreckers, M342 Dumps, and M275 Tractors?? I know some were pretty rough....

SecoParts

Supporting Vendor
Did all the deuces that were way in the back get scrapped? Specifically the M108 wreckers, M342 Dumps, and M275 Tractors?? I know some were pretty rough....

Most of the deuce did, with exception of a few I believe. One of my first jobs at SECO was going around taking off the in tank fuel pumps before we scrapped the deuce and a halfs.

That area is now a dove field and an area where we keep parts trailers. We have shifted to 95% parts business now as that seems to pay the bills much better than trucks did. Seems like a vehicle will sit around for decades and as soon as you scrap it "ah I would have bought it" haha

SecoParts

Supporting Vendor
Somewhere in a box in my house is a SECO flyer from around 1986 with a bunch of M5A1s for sale. IIRC they were sourced from a South American country.
If you could scan that flier and PM me that would be much appreciated. Probably one of the last ones left!

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome SecoParts, glad to see Seco pop up here.

I bought some 5-ton parts from Seco in 2011, I think I bought some later too, maybe around 2012 or 13, but I only have pictures from 2011. Nice folks, I think I spoke with Byron If I’m remembering correctly. My experiences with Seco were always positive. I enjoyed walking the yard and seeing the treasures buried within.

Attachments

shootER

If you could scan that flier and PM me that would be much appreciated. Probably one of the last ones left!
That...would require me actually being able to locate it in my house. LOL

Actually, now that I think about it I think it was actually an ad I clipped from a construction equipment magazine my dad used to get for his business back in the 80s and 90s.

Ferretboy

Hello Seco parts....would you be able to say what happened to to ferrets you had?....did they all get scrapped?....sad looking back at my old photos....now i can tell you some of them had modifications that show they had some history.....service in Egypt and or Greece....a loss anyway you look at it. thanks....i had a great time at your yard...David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks