• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for transmission tunnel with no linkage hole?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to explain so everybody will understand what I am looking for -

I plan to abandon the factory transfer case mechanical linkage and replace it with a new cable shifter from JB Custom Fabrication https://jb-custom-fabrication.mysho...-shifter-single-np241-billet-style-p-n-np241c . I plan to locate this new cable shifter on the driver's side of the transmission tunnel close enough to the driver's seat so that I will not have to lean over or take my eyes off the road in order to operate the new NP241C transfer case coming from Mark Bendler at Kodiak Trucks in Wisconsin.

Obviously, the new cable shifter will require me to cut a hole in the transmission tunnel on the driver's side, but more importantly, I will also have to deal with the original linkage hole on the passenger's side of the tunnel. Therefore I need a whole new transmission tunnel to make this happen.

I have looked at all the parts sources like LMC, Brothers, etc and nobody offers the tunnel. Everybody offers the left & right replacement floor pans, but no center tunnel.

Anybody have any ideas on where to get a 2WD transmission tunnel with no hole?

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.

snowtrac nome

t don't think you want the 2wd automatic tunnel cover they are usually smaller and wont clear the transfer case you could use a 2 wd manual cover but you would still have a hole to deal with

chevymike

It's called ssome sheet metal and a welder or find what you need in the junk yard, cut it out and weld it in. I don't think anyone makes those for the square body trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks