• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Texas winter drive in my M38A1...with video...

linx310

The weather here in South Texas has been crappy all winter. I am used to 60-80 degree weather this time of the year; instead we have been getting a ton of rain and cold weather.

I have yet to take my 1952 M38A1 out for a drive of any significant length so I have been waiting for a weekend that had some decent weather.

Well this Sunday they weather looked really good to go for a drive…or so I thought. The weather report mentioned a front would be coming in but no rain expected. They were wrong, very wrong!

I left around 2:00 pm to go pick up my brother and we left his house around 3:00 pm. The jeep was running great and we went through some back rounds in south hays county. About an hour or so while exploring some dirt roads we noticed some thunder heads incoming from the west.

We turned around and headed for home hoping to beat the storm.

That did not happen…the temp went from about 65 degrees to 45 degrees in a matter of minutes and the winds picked up to about 45 mph. My windshield wipers were barely working already, but they seem to have completely failed so I had to manually work them through the heavy rain.

This is from NOAA right about the time we were out driving:

AS OF 545 PM WINDS HAVE GUSTED TO 51 MPH AT HONDO... 46 MPH AT AUSTIN BERGSTROM... 43 MPH AT SAN ANTONIO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT... 43 MPH AT NEW BRAUNFELS MUNICIPAL AIRPORT... AND 41 MPH AT SAN ANTONIO STINSON FIELD. THE COLD FRONT HAS CAUSED TEMPERATURES TO FALL AROUND 20 TO 25 DEGREES IN THE PAST HOUR.
I have posted a video below of some of the trip below, we only got a little bit of the storm due to the memory card running out for some reason. I think some thing is wrong with it because it had plenty of space.

Here is a never before posted pic of what my jeep first looked like:

Video of my trip:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3wE_m07EE[/media]

zb39

I wish we would get rain here instead of more snow. Pulled a kid out of the ditch last nite with the duece.

Skycop

Hays County? Have youbeen to the CAF Museum in San Marcos? We have an old Jeep that is being restored in with the aircraft (P-39, B-25, T-6s, etc etc etc). Shoot me an PM and I can take you over there and show you around. Its funny because we didn't get but about 10 drops of rain here in New Braunfels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks