• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spacer for sugar scoop antenna mount

Dieselsmoke

My buddy Bob is looking to install an antenna on his M35 and is looking for the spacer that spaces the "sugar scoop" out away from the bed side. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to find one? New or used. Thanks.

CGarbee

I don't have any of the SC-C-189025 standoff brackets used between a scoop mount and the bed side of a M37 or M35 when mounting the MX6707 antenna any more, but I do have a dimensioned drawing of one on my website in case you'd like to fabricate one...

The bracket is fabricated out of 8 gauge steel (0.172" thick, 11/64", 4.37mm). A second rectangular plate also made out of 8 gauge steel with outside dimensions 0.25" greater than the bracket is used on the inside of the bed for reinforcement.

Page with the drawing is located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/mwo.htm

CGarbee

The one on Ebay is for the offset bracket for use when mounting to the side of the cab, he was asking about the one for mounting to the side of the bed. They are different...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell must have sent me his last one. Now I owe him a breakfast at our regular convoy stop in Doswell, VA, next year going to Aberdeen. Thanks Cabell! :)

I'm hoping to have an Rt-524 installed by then too.

Bjorn

mcinfantry

longhunter, if i win the one posted on Ebay, ill sell you my spacer and reinforcing plate. i want a drop side bed, and it isnt goint to work with an antenna.

25 dollars, and its yours. its never been used

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do all dropsides get the antenna mounted on the front fender?

Armada

I've also seen them mounted on the convoy light post.

Bjorn, I 'love what you've done' with the interior of your truck. I've got dual spring seats in mine and plan on outfitting the space between the seats with radio equip. When I get to that point I will have to pick your brain.

Attachments

Dieselsmoke

Yes, Cgarbee and the pic that Longhunter7 is the mount that Bob is looking for. If it comes down to it we can fab one up but with all the other projects we have going it would be much easier to buy one :)
Cgarbee that is one informative site you have there. We need a hotlink here on Steelsoldiers!
Bjorn, having the intercom is nice. I'll have to post pics of how I mounted my stuff. With the cab reinforcement plate I couldn't mount mine the same way.

CGarbee

Thanks for the compliments on the site... I've just tried to document what I've done to my trucks so that I don't have to keep repeating myself all the time when I try to answer someone's questions. I've got a bunch of material to add to it, but we've rearranged the computers at work and my website creation software doesn't work with the new system and I'm supposed to be getting a new computer next month... May have to start working on pages at night from home...
Yes, I did send my last offset bracket to Bjorn... I do have a partial one at the house that somebody clipped a chuck off the bottom that could still be used.
I've got a dropside duece that needs to have a radio mounted and I was going to mount it on the fender, but I really like the idea of mounting it over the vent, so I suppose that I am now in the market for that offset bracket myself now...
Seems like there is always something to do on these things.

CGarbee

Spacer for Sugar Scoop

Longhunter7 said:
Yes, they are different! I have enclosed a picture of the spacer that I am looking for!

It is from CGarbees website, www.garbee.net

Thank you CGarbee for the excellent information! [thumbzup]
Longhunter:
Thanks for the compliment.
The link to my site is actually www.garbee.net/~cabell if you omit the /~cabell from the URL, you get my brother's homepage (he is hosting my site...) and I don't think that he has gotten around to putting a link on his page that leads to mine...

Longhunter7

OOPS!

CGarbee,

Sorry about the missing ingredients in the link! :oops: I went back and corrected the problem in the post with the picture of the spacer!

There never seems to be enough time or money to finish a project! :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks