• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare parts

pacebm

A lot of y'all know that I buy a lot of 5 ton trucks that I sell to the logging industry to use for pull out trucks. They do not use the fifth wheel, pintle hitch, rear lights, beds, etc. Does anyone think there is a market for this stuff? I bet I have taken 30 fifth wheels to the scrap yard because they don't like the tilting feature. Several cargo beds and other misc. stuff as well. I have a new batch coming in a few weeks and was just wondering if anyone would be interested in any of the stuff off the trucks.

KsM715

Do any of your trucks have the mud flaps/brackets? If you remove those parts I would buy a set. ( the brackets that bolt to the frame and the arms ) I dont need the mud flaps themselves.

Attachments

waayfast

HHMM?? Are these for the same size king pin as a "normal" commercial 5th wheel----or are they the "oversize"? And by "tilt" do you mean they rock side to side as well as forword and back??
Also how high is the top or "face" of the plate compared to a "standard" 5th wheel plate?
Sorry for all the bonehead questions but I've just never seen one up close ---
Dang! Thanks for the post---makes me think I may have just found a quick fix for a problem I been needing to solve!
Thanks in advance, Jim

pacebm

HHMM?? Are these for the same size king pin as a "normal" commercial 5th wheel----or are they the "oversize"? And by "tilt" do you mean they rock side to side as well as forword and back??
Also how high is the top or "face" of the plate compared to a "standard" 5th wheel plate?
Sorry for all the bonehead questions but I've just never seen one up close ---
Dang! Thanks for the post---makes me think I may have just found a quick fix for a problem I been needing to solve!
Thanks in advance, Jim
I think the kingpin is the same side but they pull along steep slopes and do not like the side to side tilt feature. I am not sure about the dimensions becasue I don't put the new fifth wheels on. They usually have one that they pull off of a junk truck that was their old pull out truck. I just strip off all the other stuff before they get them; they look at it like a favor. I've been making a little cash with the scrap metal sales.

And to the mudflap guys, not a problem. If the truck has them I will pull them off.

I am surprised at people wanting the tail lights?? They are just the standard set that goes on every truck and trailer, plastic housing, etc. I have a pile of them right now if somebody needs a pair.

Last edited:

pacebm

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with the holidays. I have an old truck box full of lights over at the farm. I will check them out by the end of the week and let you know.

Alredneck

Banned
Do you crawl under em and see if any have PTOs? THose would sell good.

Lights break all the time, I got a bunch of broke lights.

I would be interested in some mudflaps and brackets as well. Im in TN not terribly far from ya.

They make shims to go in those fifth wheel plates so they dont rock side to side. Sorry I dont have a part number but it should be in the TM. I buy air sliding 5th wheels for a $100 bucks in Memphis for my conversions. Might be interested in a .MIL one for a offroad rig.

Alredneck

Banned
Also if you have any 800series hoods and grilles I could use some.

Theres always someone looking for straight bumpers, shackles and winch extensions.

Radiators are worth a good bit if they hold aqua.

Any spare Cummins 250 parts or cores?