• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare tire info

Brutusdog

I am looking for a spare tire for my M1009. What civilian trucks rims will fit? I know they are 15 x 8 , 6 lug wheels, but the junk yards around here seem to have a hard time crossing it to a more "modern" truck. What advice do you all have?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CUCV85

I am looking for a spare tire for my M1009. What civilian trucks rims will fit? I know they are 15 x 8 , 6 lug wheels, but the junk yards around here seem to have a hard time crossing it to a more "modern" truck. What advice do you all have?

Thanks!
Local Chevy Dealer - near perfect match - New Rim 75.00
and had a gloss black finish - I painted flat black.
purchased a good used tire from tire shop
had them mount on new wheel 15.00
90.00 total cost can't go wrong!
Keep in mind It's a spare and it's temporary:!:

CUCV85

Here is a set on Craig's list. Don't know the owner but this is a good picture.
jimm1009, again

Chevy Wheels 15 x 8 Blazer K5 6 Bolt
I purchased from a 4 wheel drive suburban that was in the salvage yeard a few years ago.
Also the blazer and jimmy have 15 x 8 wheels too. We have the lowest version, plain-jane wheel and there were others that were slightly more dressy that would also work too if needed for a spare.
Trucks won't work because they are 8 bolt, 16 inch wheels but you should be able to find one pretty easy. It was a standard wheel for the era. Perhaps when you ask them, ask them for a 1984 blazer since all 1984 chevey blazeres were 4-wheel drive according to gmc. No 2-wheelers made that particular year for some reason.
I purchased on from memphis equipment abouot 10 years ago but they were a little high.

Jimm1009
[COLOR=lime said:
Brutusdog[/color];522234]I am looking for a spare tire for my M1009. What civilian trucks rims will fit? I know they are 15 x 8 , 6 lug wheels, but the junk yards around here seem to have a hard time crossing it to a more "modern" truck. What advice do you all have?

Thanks!
:arrow:He's looking for 1 wheel, I would imagine with or without tire makes no difference - it's the wheel he's after. Junk Yard or New don't go over 80.00 PERIOD

Last edited:

AJMBLAZER

73-87 (91) Chevy/GMC half ton 4x4 trucks, Suburbans, and Blazers/Jimmy's would have the correct wheel.

You have the 15x8 Rally wheel with 4" backspacing and 6x5.5" pattern. Not hard to find really. Even so, for a spare even the 15x7 that was more common in the 80's would work as well.
Heck, you could get a cheap steel wagon wheel from Summit Racing for less than $80 and it'd be brand new. I think I paid about $65 for my 16x8 last summer.

DO NOT get one from a newer GM truck with IFS. WILL NOT WORK. The center hole is too small and the backspacing too deep.

www.car-part.com should have what you're looking for.