• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spark Plug Dillema

I've been searching and researching spark plugs for my 54 M37, with the stock 230. Autolite 2244 thru 2247 don't seem to be an option, since I can't seem to get them anywhere. Champion plugs are available, but I don't know what heat range to run?? What do you guys use? A Champion 573 is available, it's the hottest shielded/ waterproof electrical system plug that Champion makes. I can also get Champion 517's, which is one heat range hotter than stock. Stock heat range, (Champion 514) doesn't seem to be available. I have called around to a lot of places, and they literally have no idea what I am looking for- hence my searching by part number only. What's your experience been? What numbers work? :|

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Have you tried ordering them thru NAPA or Carquest? I have gotten 2244's and 2245's thru Carquest.
Only took 2 days to get them...about $10:50 each I think.
Good luck:p

I tried NAPA. Carquest was 'supposed' to call me back, but never did. I had purchased the 22 series plugs at NAPA before, without any problem, but the 2 stores I called showed the Autolite numbers as completely unavailable (obsolete). The 517 is around $19.00 each :idea:- hence wanting to find out what plug to use before ordering. 573's are about $10.00.