• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spark Plug for Hunter heater

mutt_r

Hi folks,

It is cold outside and I have here a multifuel space heater with a spark plug defect. The heater was made by Hunter, NSN 4520-00-114-1055.

The spark plug must be replaced.

My first thought was, to search for the part number. I tried to find the manual for the heater online by using the NSN and I had no luck.

Who knows the P/N of the spark plug and where I can buy one or two?

Thank you very much in advance.

Richard

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Ah, the elusive UH68D heater. No wonder you can not find a TM. I cant find it in my heater stuff. There just seems to be not info. The NSN came out in 1968, so its not a new heater. One other thing I might be able to try is, what did it come out of? What equipment did it come out of?

Guyfang

Staff member
Have found the TM number. Went back into the OL,OLD trailer TM's, because I remember working on these heaters. Its listed in the trailer referance listing as: TM 5-4520-233-14 for the operators TM. The parts TM should be -24P. But find one? Not yet.

mutt_r

Hello Guy,

Good to know it is Winter time and you have the time to enter this thread.

The heater is stand alone. So I assume it lost the relation to any trailer or whatever it was ever mounted.

The -14 & -24P I just found on ebay. But it will take weeks to have them here in my hands. And will the spark plug listed in there be available?

I hope you have the -24P which might shorten the way a lot.

Thanks,
Richard

Guyfang

Staff member
Richard!

Did not look at the Icon at the top. No, do not have them. I too found them in E-Bay, was just writing to tell you that. I will ask someone who might know. I only found the TM number by looking at every expando van TM in my collection, and looking at the appendix A, References. The reason they are not in my collection is because the are SO OLD. Old as dirt. Is the spark plug missing? Is there no part number on it?

mutt_r

Guy,

The spark plug is there and the heater is working, but it looks like the spark plug will quit service soon.

There is a number on it, but I am not sure. Something like
S1-140-S0
81-140-80
61-140-60

Guyfang

Staff member
Rich,

NSN: 4520-00-876-8265
Part # 2-68181
Look at the below link. Or simply look in ebay USA.

Its to late to explain how I got the number. Maybe in the morning!

Guyfang

Staff member
May be not the right one. But maybe it works. The above listed came right out of the TM. I found the TM in Google Books. Did not down load it, as I have no idea how, but did look through the TM until I found this info.

mutt_r

Hi Guy,

It looked perfect, was ordered, arrived last week. And it does not fit :(

The length of the spark is too short and the thread does not fit.

Back to the beginning ... Who is Sherlock, who is Watson?

Regards,
Richard

mutt_r

Guy, finally it went well with the spark plug I ordered. No idea what caused the problem on my friends side. But it is in now.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Next time being in Franken, we should have a cup of coffee again (or a glass of wine or a nice Bavarian beer).

mutt_r

When I am not wrong, Bavarian beer has less alcohol than Bavarian vine :cool: Perhaps I should bring some Northern German beer 💪

Okay, this is a forum about the green virus and not about the taste of the world. CU.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks