• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo bounce

Jones

Most often it's a dry cable. Remove the cable(s) and pull them through a gob of grease held in your hand. Better by far than trying to dribble oil down the cable housings.
While you have the cable out you can eyeball it for frayed spots; if any are found replace the cable or it may lock itself in when it unravels... then you get to buy a new cable AND housing.

rsh253

:ditto:

I had the same speedo needle bounce and now it is nice & steady. I wasn't able to remove my cable from the housing and so I used spray teflon lubricant. I left the housing in place and disconnect both ends and then just keep spraying lubricant through the speedo end until it began to drip out the tranny end. I did this through a day or so and a lot of old grease & cr_p got flushed out. I would have preferred to remove & grease the cable, but this seems to have worked. I plan to re-lubricate every year or so.

-Russ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks