• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo Error after Re gear

scottmandu

So before I get flamed to Search the F****ng archives.. I did. Several people asked this question on the high speed gears thread but there was no answer. After the re-gear (3.07 ring and pinion) the speedo is showing 20mph off at 50. GPS verifies a speed of 69 actual with the speedo reading ~50mph.

I did some research and found the speedo gets it's signal from the WTEC computer.. Which tells me there must be a setting or configuration variable in the TCM for the axle ratio. Is this something that an Allison dealer needs to program?

BTW I love these trucks!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
An a1 truck the cat dealer can plug in and reprogram. It may be possible for the allison dealer to to the first gen trucks. The trans diag plug is an older style I'm not sure if all dealers will have the setup to connect. It's my understanding that there are quite a few variables in the first gen trans control though.

scottmandu

My nearest Allison dealer says he can plug it up and read the settings. I just need to get the truck over there.

scottmandu

Yeah something's still not right though.. GPS top speed shows to be 62mph.. so I'm not sure if I'm getting full rpm or full throttle.

wehring

Call me. Also in TX and have been through this. Can also read "Wehring LMTV upgrades" post. Have also hooked up cruise control and added 95hp and 71tq.

justin Wehring
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks