• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spindle memory

dirtyfingernails

Question. I have a bobbed deuce. The rear axle on the truck has a flipped hub. The extra axle is not flipped (ie in original configuration). If I want to go back to duals on the rear, could I simply change hub assemblies (bearings, hub, drum) from the extra axle to the axle on the truck? Or is this a no-no because of wear memory of each bearing and the spindle. Thanks.
Steve

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bearing cage sets are really not meant to be swapped between races. I would not recomend it, but I might try it depending on the amount of use it's going to get.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, have you seen the wheels and tires on the Diablo truck of devilma96? He's selling the meats for $85 a tire. Thats a steal. Just need wheels and he'll have those ready soon.

dirtyfingernails

Kenny,
Nice! That is definitely an awesome truck. Kudos devilman. I like my 1100 Michelins and the hole in my wallet that they made will require some time to heal and fill in. I'm thinking of changing back to the dually rear with 1100 michelins. Should look pretty cool. I'm saving for a wrecker--they seem to be the most versatile--either that or adding a Hiab crane to my bobbed truck. You coming through this way soon?
Steve

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be through there a week from today. I have to haul a semi trailer down to Stuart so I'll be pulling doubles the last few hundred miles I guess. I'll call you from GA when I know my shcedule.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks