• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spinning the can on air/ spring brake question

Jeep Nasty

I am bobbing my crew cab right now and I used a set of MRAP springs, in addition to needing a spacer, I need to spin the cans and re-pipe some air lines. I know these brakes can be dangerous, any pictures or advice on how to go about spinning this without hurting myself is appreciated, please let me know.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437260221.691104.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437260237.527593.jpg

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you've got the spring brake caged. That is one step - the other is to not disassemble the spring brake chamber. That is to say, don't take the clamp off of the spring brake section, which is the one that is closer to the differential. The clamp around the end that is towards the wheel can be disassembled safely.

The large coil spring inside the spring brake chamber is what is dangerous. With it caged and left assembled, you should be fine. If you look at the attached photo, you can see which clamp can be removed and which cannot.

Attachments

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
You don't need to take it apart to spin it.Loosen the big nut by the backing plate and spin it a little.Then repipe your air lines.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgThey move pretty freely with the jam nut backed off or the clamp slightly loosened. Here is a pic of a bob job but not too sure how it was done but no spacers or clearance issues with this setup. And sorry about the pic orientation. Fixed picture.

Attachments

Last edited: