• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sprague...again.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anybody tell me if the front cover on the t-case, that covers the sprague, can be removed w/o moving the t-case back?

JDToumanian

Removing the sprag housing without removing the transfer case? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's possible... the Memphis REB kit installation instructions mention nothing about having to disturb the transfer case mounts...

Jon

spragdrive

My son and I just finished putting a new sprag unit in a M818 5 ton yesterday. We were able to remove only the front transfer case cover to do it. We got the parts from Memphis Equipment. Once the cover was off, we just pulled out the front output shaft, pressed the old sprag inner race off in the shop press, then reversed the whole procedure.

acetomatoco

soak the old one in penetrant or diesel fuel and it will probably be as good as new... unless it had a catastrophic mechanical infarction... RAM