• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spray on epoxy liners?

IAN_M715

im looking to apply a spray on epoxy liner like rhino lining to the cab floor of my M715. the cab because the truck is exposed to salt water since i live near the ocean and i work on boats alot. i dont want to take it to a dealer, rather do it myself. eastwood.com sells SEM pro-tex truckbed liner systems for DIY applications but i know nothing about it. who's had luck with this stuff??

devilman96

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=8859

You will have to scroll through some pages to find the right pics but the whole lower portion of my truck is done in a polymer bed coating made by Dupli-Color... Typical DIY stuff sold at auto places... sometimes even Wally world... 40-60$ a gallon... The trick is to prep well and in how you apply it... I prefer to start with a liquid degreaser... the harsher the better (Purple Power, its caustic)... pressure wash if you can... Wire brush off any flakey stuff sport prime and the likes afterwards...

To apply I much prefer spraying... I use to roll it on a few years ago but bought a gun made for the stuff... I cheap substitute for it would be one of those hand held suction type sandblaster nozzles as you need a REALLY large hole in the nozzle (1/4" plus)...

Test spray with it for a bit... Try thinning it with Xylen for smoother texture and better drying times... A gallon will do a cab no problem especially if reduced about 30%...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IAN_M715,
Line-X or similar have lifetime warranties. If you're gonna keep it, let them do it...if they are close!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been studying this stuff for a while. I'm going with durabak only because they have a color that matches my 686A CARC the best. Gatorgrip also has colored roll ons. If you only want black, I'd suggest Walmart. They have dupli-color and Rino for the cheapest prices I've seen. I don't have a lot of experience applying but I have done a bit of color research. Good luck.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Ian,
You might want to at least get a quote from Line-X. My brother got his long bed ford sprayed for $450. Your cab is a good bit smaller than 8 ft. so it may be more reasonable than you think.

comdiver

I was just talking with my local Rhino dealer in Buffalo. He told me a 8' box would cost $420. Other parts would be $6.50/sq.ft. We talked about fenders and running boards as well. He was very clear that the easier I made it for him the better the job and price. Simple stuff! I actually went to two shops and talked with them. Number 1 shop, I wouldn't take my grandson's wagon to, Number 2 all the right answers. The mechanic was telling me the owner of the shop also owned a Deuce. My type of guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks