• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spreading the axles on a deuce?

bull

Ok, been doing some searching, trying to find info on putting larger tires 16.oox20"s on a duece without bobbing it.

I saw that Hot Rod Duece did an awesome job on his truck overall, and I espeacialy liked the way he spread the rear axles.

My guestion is this. Could the same thing be acomplished by singlingling out both axle like a bobber? I.E. 2 sets of trailer or front axle springs

it seems like a simpler/less expensive solution, but probably sarcafice some load capcity.

any thoughts suggestions?
Also what about the 16x20s and the stock multi, enough power?

Jones

Rear axles on their own spring sets would allow you to place them any distance apart the frame length (and overhead obstructions) would allow. Just remember that the current deuce rear axle configuration is there to give additional flexibility over rough terrain and that you'd be sacrificing that by going to a more 'conventional / civilian' rear axle suspension design.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I you don't have the springs connected in some way where they can move with each other it's going to limit your off road capability cosiderably. You would need a link like tandem axle trailers have between the two sets of springs at the very least. Even then it would sill not be near as good as the factory setup off road.

hot rod deuce

It would also be easy to grab to cheap air ride suspensions. Like Freight liner "air liner" and use those. That way you connect the front and rear with an air line, it would still articulate front to rear but not side to side because of the air liner suspension.

Newway air ride would be prime time but its expensive and usualy very very heavy duty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks