• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring Seat Swap

Jimma

I am going to swap out my box drivers seat in my deuce. Does anyone know if the holes in the floor match the location required so I can bolt in a spring seat or do I need to drill new holes in the floor?

dittle

Even if they didn't match I would not drill new holes in the floor as the existing holes go down through the cab "frame" cross member. If you must drill drill new holes through the bottom of the seat so that you can bolt into the existing ones. I had to do that when I put a second springer in for the passenger side.

jimmcld

Even if they didn't match I would not drill new holes in the floor as the existing holes go down through the cab "frame" cross member. If you must drill drill new holes through the bottom of the seat so that you can bolt into the existing ones. I had to do that when I put a second springer in for the passenger side.

I did the same. Did you find a "console" for the space between?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone moved a box seat to the passenger side after putting in a springer? I don't want to lose the storage and I don't need the bench seat.

Anyone know where I can find a spring for a springer? Mine was missing when I bought it.

Has anyone moved a box seat to the passenger side after putting in a springer? I don't want to lose the storage and I don't need the bench seat.
[...]
Just an idea.

The seat of the bench can be lifted - so if you would make a box with some sheet metal around the legs of the bench you would have a "box bench" with a much larger volume!

Cheers,
Mark

dittle

I did the same. Did you find a "console" for the space between?
No, but don't really want one as there wasn't an official console with the truck. Factory they didn't have 2 spring seats either but it was something done during the life cycle of the truck so I did it. I now have to move my VIC-1 box as it was under the bench seat before.

Darwin T

on my m35a2 i just removed my box and installed a springer, but before installing the bench i am installing a marine grade 1,500 watt inverter under the bench. and also a 50 cal ammo can that was already mounted under the seat when i bought it. i am turning the ammo can to latch in the rear and i bought a ammo can lock. with it installed it with the latch in the rear the only way to get cutters to cut the lock is to be in the truck with the bench seat up. the way it was anyone could be standing outside on the ground with the door open and cut the lock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks