• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stabilizing an M1102

billybronco1

Afternoon Folks,

Please advise best way(s) to mount stabilizing jacks to the corners of this trailer? If the body is aluminum how does one weld a jack to it? Are people welding them to the steel frame underneath and simply pivoting them into place? I'd prefer to have them mounted in fixed vertical positions on the exterior corners.

I know it's dependent on the load, gross weight and/or height but is it recommended to mount them to all four corners or pick two and mount on opposing corners?

Plan is to build a rack and mount a RTT eventually.

Thanks to all............

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You could mount them to the stabilizer mount tubes, that come all ready mounted with the trailer?

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

The trailer comes with two adjustable stabilizer legs & landing pads. They are attached to the front or rear supplied mounting points for what ever you need. The RTT you speak of, what are you trying to install on the trailer? I pick two rear corners for height & stability & use the front landing leg as a third point. If you need all four corners locked, you will need two more landing legs to complete your stabilization needs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks