• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

started repaint

txdodge43man

I got my paperclips welded on and my cupholders made and decided to go ahead and repaint the truck. the cab had about a 1/2inch of bondo under the wind sheild and on the front fenders what a mess it was to strip off. Here is what I got so far. I will post more pictures as I get them still have a gun ring and old style mirrors to add. Is going to be painted 34056 USMC green.

Attachments

scottc

Nice job:!: What type of primer/paint should be applied. My duece paint is probably in average shape, but i do have surface rust on top of the cab that will get worse unless i do something soon. Are you able to purchase carc, isn't carc more hazardous than your usual automotive paints? My CUCV is currently three different colors, (grey, white, and black) complicated story. She is in desperate need of a paint job. No rust, it just looks terrible.

txdodge43man

two gallons of RAPCO paint and two gallons of red primer so roughly about 150.00 dollors plus alot of time. all together it took four weekend probly to sand prime and fixing rust holes and add the little stuff like mirrors and the paper clips on the bumper.

Attachments