• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter and Alternator problems please help

hoss0311

Can anyone help me out?? I have a m1009 and when I go to start it it just makes like a thump noise once like the stater is kicking out but not turning but if i turn the key off and on a couple times it will start.

Problem number two when it does start both gen lights come on but when i hit the gas and it idles up till they go off. Then the volt meter comes on and says that it is way over charging it. Some times it will kick the meter down to the yellow for a second then kick back up to way right in the red.

I NEED HELP PLEASE.....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like its time to have the starter and the alternators checked.

You need to take them to an alternator/starter rebuild shop.

Before you do anything make sure the batteries are fully charged and are load tested. Just because a battery is charged doesn't mean a cell can't be bad. A load test with a carbon pile load is the only way to truely check it.