• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter clicking rapidly

beanman1

went to start the m1009 today and the starter clicks fast lick the batteries r dead had rebuilt 2 wks ago at the place i always go to and now this took my 24v battery charger and still same thing so i went under and check all connections what is happening

CUCV85

I am having the same problem....I pulled my starter and had it checked.....it's weak. I dont get it either.
really.. I hate to be this way but really.. the batteries are junk.
went to start the m1009 today and the starter clicks fast lick the batteries r dead had rebuilt 2 wks ago at the place i always go to and now this took my 24v battery charger and still same thing so i went under and check all connections what is happening
What Westech said BATTERIES
:arrow:I had a bad battery when I got my 1009 3 years ago.
Ran it down to Walmart said install 2 of your highest CC Everstarts,
1000cca 60.00ea Installed and haven't any problems since.
Those same batteries are 70ea now, They'll turn your Starter over:!:
One of the mil batteries was good and they put it in the back,
gave it to my cousin for a farm tractor...

kenny

batteries or you have a ground problem. I would use jumper cables and put the red and black on your frame and the other red and black on you block some where just to just to make sure it is not a groung problem. It is the fastest was to make sure and It would take longer to open your hood to check it this way.

stumps

Who checks 24V starters? If they checked your 24V starter on a 12V starter test rig, of course it's weak!

Fast clicking is always a bad/discharged battery. Bad connections typically cause the starter solenoid to give one lackluster clunk, when you turn the switch, and that is it.

-Chuck

kenny

Who checks 24V starters? If they checked your 24V starter on a 12V starter test rig, of course it's weak!

Fast clicking is always a bad/discharged battery. Bad connections typically cause the starter solenoid to give one lackluster clunk, when you turn the switch, and that is it.

-Chuck
The local parts store cant check a 24volt starter,,, but a place the rebuilds starter and alternators can .

Westech

CPL
I installed 6TL's in one M1008 and the workaholic 1100 amp batteries in the other and NEVER had a problem.... people STOP cheaping out with parts! The crap Autozone or whoever batteries just are not going to cut it. Cheap glow plugs Cheap batteries cheap belts cheap cheap brakes cheap fluids cheap junk! Spend the couple bucks more and get a good product. I am starting to see a trend in the CUCV's and I betting I can relate most problems to cheap crap and things not being installed right. READ THE TM'S AND GET THE GOOD PARTS!! YOU HAVE A 1 1/4 TON TRUCK NOT A GO CART! Its heavy, old, and will kick the cheap parts ASS!

beanman1

well guys i finnally got it back running turns out it was the starter after all took the startr back to the rebuild sop and the guy checked it out he said my guy put the wrong bendix shaft in it is about a16th of an inch to long h explained to me that it wasnt letting the housing close all the way so evey time i try to start the truck the starter would twist grounding itself out so he build me a new style 1 works good nut the support on the back dont fit hope i get no broken bolts in the future

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks