• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter issues

rolling18

I have also have JUST "started":mrgreen: having this PROBLEM as well... in my case, I nearly drained the batteries trying to start in 25deg. last time I pushed the starter, It would NOT release and I begun to panic, turned everything off and it kept going!! WTF????

I RUN to the garage to get tools to take off a bat cable, ( bat smoking pretty good by now and still trying to crank)
its night and freeeezing out so I cant get right size tools fast enough, all I could do was get a LARGE wrench and try to pry the cable off terminal w/o short circuiting something.. luckily i did.

Now im here and looking as to WTF happened?? relay? solonoid? starter switch itself?:-|:???:
UPDATE for anyone interested.. installed 2 new Odyssey bats:twisted: over 2200 CCA!
cranks like never b4 BUT sometimes it still just goes "click" when I push starter.

got stuck in 2 locations now. had someone puss start me. Now it fires right up again.. till i turn it off
GRRR :evil:
cant find any rebuild threads for starter or rely.. anyone have the scoop?