• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter or Batteries? One of them is not adequate. Motor won

Caustic

I put my starter back together and exchanged my 600cca deep cycles for these 725 cca batteries. I hooked everything up and hit the starter. the engine turned over slowly for a few seconds then i stopped. waited a few seconds and then hit it again. "clunk" and nothing except a weird groaning sound from the starter. Same thing thats been happening to me since i got my duce. Do you think these batteries are not big enough? they say 725 CCA and 900 Cranking Amps at 32F. I tried hooking jumper cables directly to the starter and had the same result. So its not the wireing. Its eaither the batteries or the starter. Is it possible to have a "weak" starter? Or do i just need better batteries? What batteries should I get? What is the minimum CCA's required?

725 CCA and 900 CA at 32F. Spray paint can is for size comparison.

the only other cause i can think of is if the engine is just unusually hard to turn over. I loosened the alt and water pump belts and they spin freely, only other thing i can think of is if the compressor is causing the drag... i dont know... please help... thanks

outlaw

i,v got 4 1100 cca heavy duty truck batt in mine

i drive it 6 days a week it will start no matter how cold it gets

take the starter and have it tested

if that,s ok get bigger batts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks