• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Relay Mounting Plate

cmroles

I am the "very" proud new owner of a 1984 M1009, but it has a few quirks I need to work out.

The starter relay and 2 other plugs of some sort are hanging out from under the dash and it appears that the original mounting plate is missing. Does anyone have a possible source for this plate? I tried looking on LMC Truck's website, but didn't find it (maybe I'm missing it)?

Any info is greatly appreciated! The truck spent its life in AZ and is rust free, just needs a lot of TLC in the electrical department!

ralbelt

Its nothing fancy, just a piece of aluminum or steel shaped like a "V" , search for "doghead starter relay mod" and there are pics on that thread, its a sticky in the cucv, forum. While your at it do the mod.

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

I am the "very" proud new owner of a 1984 M1009, but it has a few quirks I need to work out.

The starter relay and 2 other plugs of some sort are hanging out from under the dash and it appears that the original mounting plate is missing. Does anyone have a possible source for this plate? I tried looking on LMC Truck's website, but didn't find it (maybe I'm missing it)?

Any info is greatly appreciated! The truck spent its life in AZ and is rust free, just needs a lot of TLC in the electrical department!
Plate w/bolts $10.00 shipped to your door. PM me if interested :grin:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

The CUCVs do need alot of attention in the electrical department. Check out my signiture....

LMC won't have this part and many others that are specific to the military trucks.

The other relays are for the 24v voltmeter and the GEN2 system.

Check out this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/50551-cucv-switches-diodes-relays.html

And download the repair manuals here:

JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

Here is the sticky for the "Dodhead Relay" upgrade.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/60960-doghead-starter-relay-modifcation.html

Last edited:

cmroles

Thank you for the offer, but I won't be needing it. I actually found the plate jammed under the rear bench. Apparently the last owner took it off and tossed it in the back. Ended up mostly under the bench somehow. Was a little bent but I can straighten it out pretty easily.

:-D