• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter relay question

Reading in the FAQ it commente on the starter relay as a common failure. The links do not work and I was wondering if a kill switch on the purple can stop the starter in the event the relay sticks on??

would this work to prevent a new starter/flywheel

aboonski

I did this with my M1008 because this happened to me. I tried pulling the cables off the batteries and when I got the first cable off the starter was still turning. Once I replaced the solenoid (behind the dashboard) I decided to put a disconnect switch to kill the 24 volts going down to the starter solenoid on the starter itself. I was fortunate my starter still functioned after the amount of time it continued to crank!

dunedigger

I did this with my M1008 because this happened to me. I tried pulling the cables off the batteries and when I got the first cable off the starter was still turning. Once I replaced the solenoid (behind the dashboard) I decided to put a disconnect switch to kill the 24 volts going down to the starter solenoid on the starter itself. I was fortunate my starter still functioned after the amount of time it continued to crank!

Did you put that switch in the truck or under the hood?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks