• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter soleniod

jelease

Starter soleniod I have a m1008 (1986) I did the dog head starter relay 2 weeks ago and fried my starter soleniodand now it seems to have the same issue. I havent been able to crawl underneath and test the starter because of rain. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks in advance

Matt65

Did you fry it while doing the dog mod, If so how? Were the batteries connected?

If you know the starter soleniod it's fried, then replace it.

Oh, Welcome to the forum!

jelease

No it ran for 2 weeks with out a problem after I did the doghead starter relay. I ran it earlier in the day and went back out to move it and would not start.

Matt65

Unless your connections came loose at the new relay I would say it's not related to the DH mod.

There is information in the TMs about how to troubleshoot this condition. And they are free! The manuals are very good and will be the best source for information on where to start. If you get stuck, or come to a dead end in the TM let us know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks