• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter?

Hey all. I just returned from a year long deployment. When I picked up my M35A2 it was having start-up issues. I had to press the ignition button multiple times before the starter would engage. (I would hear a clicking sound when I pressed the button prior to it catching) (the clicking was coming fromthe magnetic starter relay) and now it will not start at all it was clicking and not catching for a while and now it does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Assuming your batteries are good, you can bypass that relay and wire directly to the relay on top of the starter. If the relay on the block is the problem, that should isolate it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful bypassing the starter relay, it's designed to handle the current needed by the solenoid, which is at least 30 amps during the "pull-in" phase.
The switch on the dash isn't designed for it.
Sounds like a battery/connection problem (scooter's post).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks