• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting/Charging system

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So the batterys in the wrecker have died. No surprise as they were the original batterys from my 109. I am using this oppertunity to install a plastic battery tray. I am also cleaning up some military battery terminals to use. Would it be unwise to use star washers where the truck's cables attach to the terminals? Also, it was mentioned to me that solargizers don't work. I have had them installed on 2 of my trucks and feel they did a pretty good job, so I am inclined to re-use them. Just wanted to see if anyone else heard of problems.

Barrman

Chris, the purpose of the star washers as I understand it is to cut through paint, rust, junk and allow a path to ground. If you are starting with a clean terminal and a clean wire end. You will have lots of contact area. Adding a star washer will reduce your contact area to just the star points. I would say no on the terminals themselves. I may be wrong, but that is my thought.

Oh, I love your avatar. BIg truck blowing black smoke. What else do you need?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks