• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting them young!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Video of my son driving the deuce. 9 yrs old, he actually started at 8. Does the whole clutch and shifting to 1st and reverse. With the seat all the way forward, he can reach the pedals. Fun to watch him crank that big steering wheel around.

Dennis

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAqwszU6aFU[/media]

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's SWEET! Did I hear the name Jacob? That's my oldest sons name. Great job Jake!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for posting that Stretch, it brought back very fond memories of my Dad teaching me to drive in the Chevelle with the 3-on-the-tree and our little Datsun pickup.

I just had to call Dad and give him a hard time about it, LOL.

:beer:

Great video

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, name is Jacob. We have a habit of picking really popular names for our kids. Daughter is Ashley. He's tall like his dad. He really has to push to get the clutch in, and steering is a two arm operation. Should see him holding the clutch in and using both hands to pull the gearshift in 1st.

Dennis

Last edited:

Barrman

My 8 year old Colton has been practicing in 1st and reverse low as well. He got in, checked for nuetral, started it, undid the e-brake, got in gear, moved it, stopped it, put on the e-brake, put it in nuetral and turned it off the other night. He was smilling for hours because I was still on the ground while he did all of that.

alphadeltaromeo

Well...my wife drove the deuce for the first time last night...that was fun *grin* - The children...well, that will be a bit before I let them on it...I want the fun for a while!