• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

State Farm Insurance & M923 info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejumbo

Does anyone have their truck insured through State Farm? After having the truck for a few months and getting a bit of a runaround. IE non-conforming VIN, send a copy of title. Did that, no response and then some phone tag I finally got an answer I didn't expect. I was told State Farm won't write a policy for my truck. I find it a bit hard to believe with the quantity hitting the civilian market that one of the largest carriers doesn't write a policy for them.

If anyone has any recommendations for companies friendly to such trucks, I'd appreciate the info. If anyone has their 5 ton insured with State Farm, my agent would like to know since it seemed a bit odd to him as well.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have insurance on 2 5tons thru state farm. The insurance card says chevy on it then for model bmy m923a2. I had to send a few pics of it. I am in CT and I know a guy in New Hampshire who also has state farm on his. If you want have your agent call mine the New Hampshire agent called my agent to figure it out. My agent is Tony Gargano 203-874-0676.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have their truck insured through State Farm? After having the truck for a few months and getting a bit of a runaround. IE non-conforming VIN, send a copy of title. Did that, no response and then some phone tag I finally got an answer I didn't expect. I was told State Farm won't write a policy for my truck. I find it a bit hard to believe with the quantity hitting the civilian market that one of the largest carriers doesn't write a policy for them.

If anyone has any recommendations for companies friendly to such trucks, I'd appreciate the info. If anyone has their 5 ton insured with State Farm, my agent would like to know since it seemed a bit odd to him as well.
You need to refine your question to anyone in PA. insurance laws vary by state , so what they do in a different state has no bearing on them writing policies in PA.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
State Farm Insurance & M923 info needed

This might not help you, but I had my deuce and a half insured through the State Farm in Kaysville, Utah. However, due to the weight of the truck they would only insure me through their commercial policy, which was over $300 every 6 months for just 100/300 liability. I grew tired of paying that because I don't use my truck for any commercial purpose. Not to mention I felt like the cost was eating me alive.

I finally found an insurance company that fit my needs and use. Continental Western Group Collector Car insurance. I did have to provide pictures and fill out an application, but they also have a 'Special Use' premium which they assume more risk, which I pay for in my premiums. However, I get more freedom in my use of the truck, all for about $130 annually! I am very pleased with their service and they were absolutely a dream to work with, even if just over the phone!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
State Farm in Louisiana would not insure my m923 any kind of way. They were very in flexible even when i threatened to remove all my policies. I use Gulfway but not sure if they cover Pa?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problems with state farm in Kazakhstan.

Scarecrow1

Like it has already been said every state has it's own set of problems your best bet is to find a carrier that is more defined to these trucks . Progressive is one also gulf way and if you have a garage on your own property American modern of any of the specialty insurance companies will cover you. Beware of the restrictions on some of the policies or you will be sorry .....

NJDEUCE

Just insured my M923A2 with Gulfway, it was very easy. The woman I dealt with was very nice and handled everything quickly. I have upgraded liabilities, it runs me about $230 a year.

Hooper

Both of my 5 tons are insured through State Farm. I would try a different office since they are all indepedent. What are yours titled as? Flat bed, stake truck? Mine are both stake trucks.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All my military vehicles are covered under State Farm policies in their original model numbers. IMO people stating they are Chevy or jeep are setting themselves up when it comes time in an accident for non pay. They hosed me on my deuce under commercial until I threatened to take all my business elsewhere, now they have no problem insuring them all as collectables and real reasonable, no restrictions.. All they required of me was photos of all sides and what I valued them as. Have your agent get his ^%$& together and call the underwriter. What's really funny is the M35A3 costs more than the 5 tons! My newly acquired M923 with comprehensive, vehicle valued at 4K cost $46 per 6 months.

Last edited:

Rifleman

Well i am in Arizona and went with Progressive, and for $300.000-$500.000 combined coverage on a commercial policy it was costing me $727.00 a year for my M925. I went to renew my insurance last night and was told by their underwriter that ALL former military vehicle M939 series trucks that they write insurance for now requires a minimum of a commercial $500.000- $750.000 combined coverage policy at a cost of $917.00 a year. Needless to say i was not real happy about the cost increase so i thought i would look to see if i could find another company that charged less.

I called Gulfway today and they were able to beat that price by a mile the only thing i didn't like with Gulfway and the reason i didn't go with them was some of their limitations on use. They told me that i would not be able to haul anything in the bed of my truck and since i am helping my brother in law build a home up north that limit just would not work for me.

Now if you don't mind their limits on use Gulfway is a really good way to save alot of money and they offer a great product, i just need to use my truck a little more then they would allow, so now it's going to cost me a little more money to use my truck the way i want. But it's not all bad, i have really great coverage with progressive, it's just going to cost me a little more then i would like to pay, but that's life.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please use the search function. Yes. People have State Farm and Progressive and Abdul's Discount Bump and Grind Insurance.

Insurance has been covered Ad Nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.