• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

status update(on main bearings)

red devils dude

well I all but one(the back one) replaced I could not get the last cap off onbolted it but it would not budge even with a jimmy bar in the bolt hole.
If anyone has rebuilt there engine plz tell me how to get the back main bearing cap off.

red devils dude

no it's in groves with two rubber seals.
but whats werd is it wont move at all not even a little with me hanging off it(then again I only weigh 145lbs)
working on pics or diagram.

red devils dude

you never seen me :jumpin:
my cousin is a green beret helping me get ready ranger school and I work on a farm you
should see me break tools in half it's tons of fun.

rdixiemiller

I imagine it will be easier to do if you get 2 steel bars about 18" long that are a snug fit into the main cap bolt holes. They should extend almost all the way through the cap. Put them in the cap and wotk it back and forth with the crank resting on the cap. It should loosen up. Don't get brutal and let the bars slip out, you can crack the cap at the outer end.

JasonS

I was doing a search of this site on an unrelated item and found a post stating that there are two bolts hidden behind the flywheel.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jacking bolt holes are threaded holes that go all the way through. So when you screw a bolt in them, The end of the bolt touches what's underneath. As you turn the bolt the part is jacked out of it's position.
In your diagram part#2 (main cap) has two holes (not the orignal bolt holes) on the top, or bottom if your under the truck. Are those holes threaded? They may be larger for relief before the threads start. If so i'll bet you use bolts to jack the main cap out of the block.

Can you take a flashlight between the block and the flywheel to see if there is bolts there? I can't see a reason that they would be there. The main cap should have grooves to line up in the block.

Pappa-G

Definately, Yea def def definately bolts, bolts behind the flywheel. Gonna have to pullit ,yea pull the motor , I'm a ggood driver, Gotta go, Wapner's on. [:)] :turn: [:)] :turn: -rainman
Make sure ya have the crank checked to make sure it's not bent.-rainmans brother