• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STEEL SOLDIERS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND!!!!

saddamsnightmare

March 9th, 2008.

ALL STEEL SOLDIERS AND THEIR VEHICLES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND A PROGRAM ON MAY 17TH, 2008 (Saturday) at the Sam Bell Maxey House State Historic Site, 812
South Church Street, Paris, Texas 75460 Tel: (903)785-5716.
The program is titled: "TO DEFEND AND PROTECT", it will look at Texas and US military history from the Mexican War to Operation Iraqi Freedom, Honoring General sam Bell Maxey (CSA) for his service in the Mexican and Civil Wars, and will carry the story through the creation of Camp Maxey (Texas National Guard Training Center) in WWII and go right up to Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The purpose is to honor the past Veterans and presently serving G.I.'s for their contributions to preserving our freedoms and way of life.

The RED RIVER VALLEY CHAPTER OF THE MVPA is likely going to be bring their historic military vehicle collection from WWII to today here and setting up their displays. The TExas Historical Commission Staff of the Sam Bell Maxey House will be offering tours of the 1868 Italiate Mansion inhabited by General Maxey and his heirs for 100+ years. There will be an entrance fee for the house tours, please contact us here after April 1st, 2008, BUT there will be no charge for Volunteers who participate in our program with their vehicles on display, or for any WWII or Civil War Reenactors (I need YANKEES, at least a couple, also Mexican War Reenactors) who are willing to do a camp or equipment/drill display (must Register in advance, please).

We have invited the staff and patients of the Sam Rayburn Memorial Hospital and Veterans Center to participate as visitors or participants, figuring to honor these men and women who served from WWII to today for their services, and no doubt our visitors and other participants will also benefit by learning first hand the history these veterans represent in the Great American National Story.

Paris, Texas is a town with at least 60 other historical building and site, antiques and crafts stores, in the Red River Valley and with Lakes and other attractions nearby. There are many good restaurants, hotels and a few B&B's and camp grounds nearby, the weather ought to be good for a convoy or tour, so DD give some though to particating either as a visitor or a VIP in this first Memorial Day Program honoring our Vets.
I know it's not Memorial Day Weekend, but the honor's the same and itleaves the real weekend open for such plans as folks have already made in advance.

I hope that some of you can make it, as it will be a rare opportunity to share your machines and your exhibits with the people of Paris and Northeast Texas.

I remain, All,
Most Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan, Curator,
The Sam Bell Maxey House State Historic Site,
The Texas Historical Commission
812 South Church Street
Paris, Texas, 75460
TEl: (903) 785-5716

Owned by:
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2Wo/W "Saddam's Nghtmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce Truck.
1963 Swiss Army Cargo UNIMOG S404.114 Mercedes Benz.