• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steepest Grade You've Navigated in 5-Ton

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Believe most military trucks are rated at 60%. I've had the jeep on steeper hills than what a deuce will handle.

kastein

I had to go up a 30-40% grade Saturday night to get to where a friend of mine got himself stuck in his jeep, he got his transmission crossmember hung on the crest of a steep hill with the wheels mostly off the ground on both sides. Threw it in reverse, let the clutch out and he popped right off it...

truck did fine, didn't feel tippy at all. I'd be more worried about side hills than going straight up a steep grade.

EDIT: I am a dumbarse and actually meant 30-40 degree. Coffee first, THEN post.

Last edited:

Watwood

Thanks for the info. Any links to the manuals that say they're rated for 60% grades? I wasn't even going to worry about side hills. I've been bitten in the rear on ATVs before on steep grades so I'm always a little leery.